Australian Financial Services & Business Delegation to AFF – January 15th to 20th 2017
Our delegation is in Hong Kong looking to connect and gain insights from other financial services providers, and meet those looking for investments and business opportunities in Australia.
Meet our Delegates
- Stacey Martin – Aus-China specialist from Financial Services researching wealth management in China and representing some business projects
- Steve Newnham – a veteran in the Australian Funds Management industry on behalf of a number of boutique managers and representing agricultural projects
- Vincent Lim – Significant Investor Visa investment manager providing concierge service for high net worth investors and representing property projects
- Paul Resnick – pioneer of risk profiling in Australia, US, UK and Canada now exploring opportunities in Asia
- Tony Dormer – past president of NSW Chamber of Commerce and Chairman of Kreston International in Australia
- Adam Gregory Goern – on-line platform trading stories in the food industry between Australia and China for business introductions – www.opensesame.asia
- Carolyn Butler – assisting companies with set-up in Hong Kong and fund-raising for investment projects
- Yvonne Lu – China-based consultant managing a range of projects
- Philip Peng – CEO of GREI a Chinese wealth education App
- Stella Li – assisting Chinese investors to access opportunities in Australia including the beef sector.
Check out full profiles of our delegates in this flip book which includes who are delegates are looking to connect with:
Participate in Networking events
- Welcome Cocktails at The Envoy, Pottinger Hotel; Sunday 15th at 6.30 pm – details here.
- Austcham Mix at Six at Tamarind Terrace: Tuesday 17th at 6 pm – details here.
- Dinner at Sha Tin Races: Wednesday 18th at 6 pm with The Hub Children’s Charity (bus transfer from Central) – details here.
- Cruise on Hong Kong Harbour: Thursday 19th at 7 pm hosted by Hong Kong Trust Company – details here.
- Austcham Australia Day Lunch at Island Shangri-La: Friday 20th at 12 pm – details here.
- We are also participating in the Family Office Solutions Showcase on Wednesday morning – FOSS RUNDOWN 20170114 Final
Download the full Itinerary check out Aussie Delegation Program_ as at 18.1.17
Hear about Australian business and investment opportunities
Our delegates represent a number of investment projects in Australia from property to agriculture and active businesses. Some of these include Almonds, Truffles, Manuka Honey, commercial properties in NSW, Victoria and Northern Territory as well businesses from entertainment venues to wellness centres.
For more details check out the stories on Open Sesame here.
You can also listen to founder Adam speaking on SME Aus-China Business Channel here.
The Australian Trade Commission (Austrade) assists Australian businesses, education institutions, tourism operators, governments and citizens to develop international markets and promote international education, win productive foreign direct investment and strengthen Australia’s tourism industry.
The Hong Kong Trust Company Group provides professional trusteeship, fiduciary services, fund and private equity administration and a full range of corporate, financial and accounting services for individuals, family offices, intermediaries, and corporations.
The Australian Chamber of Commerce Hong Kong and Macau (AustCham Hong Kong & Macau) is the primary non-government vehicle for promoting Australian business interests by providing ongoing business development and networking opportunities. The Australian Chamber has over 1,500 members who are representatives of about 500 Australian and local companies within the Hong Kong business community.
Hong Kong Trade and Development Council (HKTDC) – organises a broad spectrum of more than 330 trade fairs and promotional activities, 590 networking and outreach events, and receives some 640 trade missions each year, helping Hong Kong’s small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) connect with business clients and partners around the world.
InvestHK was established in July 2000, with a vision is to
strengthen Hong Kong’s status as the leading international business location in Asia.
Their mission is to attract and retain foreign direct investment which is of strategic importance to the economic development of Hong Kong. Working with overseas and Mainland entrepreneurs, SMEs and multinationals that wish to set up an office or expand their existing businesses, InvestHK provides free advice and services to support companies from the planning stage right through to the launch and expansion of their business.
Think Global Consulting- facilitates business and investment between Asia and Australia. Principal David Thomas works with individuals, entrepreneurs, companies and institutions to build viable, sustainable and powerful connections by leveraging networks and relationships in both developed and emerging markets.
Think Global has proven capability in providing unique access to senior decision-makers in Government and Industry across the Asia Pacific region. Clients engage Think Global for strategic advice on market entry and business development, having successfully managed investments sourced from Asia into a wide range of attractive sectors, including Agriculture, Resources, Education, Healthcare, Tourism, Renewable Energy, Technology, Property Development and Financial Services.