Expat Advisors Community is leading this year official delegation for the Hong Kong Trade and Development Corporation (HKTDC) to the 2017 Asian Financial Forum taking the baton from David Thomas, Think Global, delegation leader for the last seven years.
Why Asia Now
Many firms in Asia are looking to enter the Australian financial services market, seeking to understand our highly regulated environment, and partner or joint venture with Australian businesses.
The 2017 delegate program has been designed to educate, inspire and provide business matching opportunities with local industry participants and investors.
Delegates including fund managers, property, legal, accounting, advisory and those seeking funding and partnership opportunities from Chinese investors, will be able to showcase their services with through a range of formal and informal business matching and networking opportunities.
Delegation Program Overview
Welcome Cocktail Event – Sunday evening 15th January
Join local industry and VIP guests in a relaxed environment to get to know fellow delegates and prepare for the week’s activities.
Asian Financial Forum – Monday 16th & Tuesday 17th “Asia: driving change, innovation and connectivity”
During this two-day global business forum, held at the Hong Kong Exhibition Center, delegates will hear from high calibre speakers including industry leaders, government and regulators on the evolution and opportunities in the region.
Day one includes speakers from the International Monetary Fund, S & P Global Ratings, Japan’s Government Pension Investment Fund, Minister of Economic Affairs and Finance, Iran, China-ASEAN Investment Cooperation Fund and China UnionPay.
Day two sees topical and sector specific workshops such as:
- Payment technology and cyber security
- Health Insurance and Technology
- Insurance and Actuarial Regulatory Developments
- Infrastructure Financing
- Private Investment and Wealth Management
- ASEAN and Middle East investment outlook
- China-India economic partnership and integration
Business Matching and Networking Opportunities
- AFF Deal Flow – submit your project or areas of interest for one-on-one facilitated business matching with potential investors and services professionals
- Priority sectors for projects and deals are Food & Agriculture, Fintech, Manufacturing and Clean Technology and Digital Technology
- Sector-specific networking to facilitate opportunities and exchange market intelligence.
- AFF App – to start connecting with forum attendees and arranging meetings
- Mission business matching – partner arrangement to facilitate your project with potential investors
- Financial Advisory Services Zone – consult with Hong Kong experts and professionals, including representatives from HKEx, investment and commercial banks, accounting and legal firms
- Cocktail Reception – networking event to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Asian Financial Forum.
You can view the official AFF website here.
Tailored business matching and workshops for mission delegates – Wednesday 18th & Thursday 19th January
- Wednesday morning – meet local industry participants including financial advisors, accountants, lawyers and other connections with interest in Australian business opportunities
- Wednesday 3 -5 pm – briefing with the Hong Kong Investment Funds Association on funds management in Asia funds including passporting and mutual recognition
- Thursday morning – delegates showcase their capabilities to local industry and investors across a range of sectors including Australian property projects
- Thursday afternoon – visit to Cyberport for latest insights on fintec and financial services disruption.
International Finance Week
International Financial Week (IFW) is a series of high-level events, anchored by the AFF, to maximise opportunities for networking and intelligence gathering. Other programs of interest during IFW include:
- 2017 Family Office Solutions Showcase – 18th & 19th January
For those interested in the evolution of the Family Office, delegates are able to participate in this two-day conference exploring the latest trends and exchanging insightful ideas. which will include: Tycoons in Asia and the prospects for Family Offices, the role of Hong Kong, latest co-investment trends, succession planning and best practices round-table discussions.
Topics include Tycoons in Asia and the prospects for Family Offices, the role of Hong Kong, latest co-investment trends, succession planning and best practices round-table discussions. There will also be a showcase of solutions for family offices including Corporate Finance, Family Governance, Direct Investment, Private Equity and Real Estate.
By special arrangement, delegates will be able to meet with conference speakers one-on-one to discuss their business interests.
- StartMeUp Hong Kong Festival – 16th to 20th January
Delving into the future of entrepreneurship and disruptive innovation, the StartMeUp Hong Kong festival will feature keynotes, interactive how-to-sessions, hackathons, powerful lessons from seasoned founders and investors plus much more. Sessions of interest to delegates include:
- Venture Forum – Tuesday 5-8pm to be inspired by innovative ideas and business models
- Healthtec Asia – Friday 9-6 pm for the digital start-up of our generation
- Private Briefing – Friday morning for delegates at the InvestHK office with Rob Findlay from Next Money.
See more on the StartMeUp Festival here.
Networking and Social Events for our Australian delegation
- Tuesday evening – Austcham Hong Kong & NZ Chamber, Mix at Six networking event
- Wednesday evening – box at the Hong Kong races at Sha Tin with AustCham charity The Hub children and youth centre.
- Thursday evening – private Junk cruise for delegates hosted by The Hong Kong Trust Company
- Friday lunch – celebrate Australia Day at the Shangri-La with Auscham Hong Kong keynote event, followed by networking drinks
Bring the family
Your partner and children can join you in Hong Kong and enjoy the vibrancy and sightseeing such as The Peak, Stanley markets, the Big Budha, and Ocean Park Aberdeen.
Delegate Fee is $3,500 (plus GST) and $3,000 (plus GST) for additional delegates from the same company. Payment of the initial deposit of $1,200 (plus GST) will commence the Delegate Preparation process, with the balance due by 15th December 2016. Registrations after 15th December are $4,000 (plus GST). Note the Delegate Fee does not cover flights and accommodation.
Complete the on-line Registration process to secure your place for the 2017 Australian Financial Services and Business Delegation.
Upon payment of the deposit, delegates will receive a personal consultation with Stacey Martin, delegation leader to discuss your business and objectives for the mission.
This includes capability flyer for the Delegation Booklet, LinkedIn profile review, and making relevant introductions where appropriate in Hong Kong.
For more information, you can contact Stacey Martin on 0413 127 677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Expat Advisors Community is a network for professionals with internationally connected clients. Founder Stacey Martin has a background in financial services and wealth management and brings together those looking for strategic partnerships in the Aus-China space.
The venue for our infamous Melbourne Cup Business Party for 2016 is the luxurious Doltone House, Hyde Park on Tuesday afternoon 1st November.
A public holiday in Melbourne, it is an Australian tradition that the rest of the nation stops to watch the race with many business and social events held around the country.
Join us for champagne on arrival and the Doltone Chef’s Canape selection. You and your guests will then sit down for a 2-course luncheon with all- inclusive beverage package.
Shawn Yang is the founder of TAN.MA Culture Media, the first bi-lingual magazine that brings the splendour and majesty of Australian racing culture to the local Chinese community. Shawn will share with us his passion for thoroughbred racing and how thorough this initiative he is bringing together the Australian and Chinese cultures. You can read more about Shawn here.
- Date: Tuesday 1st November, 2016
- Time: 12.30 pm to 4.30 pm
- Venue: Doltone House Hyde Park, Level 3, 181 Elizabeth Street, Sydney
- Cost: $185 per person or $1,750 for a table of 10
To Book: You can book individual tickets and reserve your corporate table at the link below:
The Australian Business Forum (ABF) has been running Aus-China business events for 10 years and recently hosted a fourth overseas mission to the China International Fair for Investment and Trade (CIFIT) expo.
Expat Advisors Community was an exhibitor within the ABF Australian Pavilion at this years CIFIT looking to assist those planning to move to Australia via our SIV Consulting Service or invest in Australia through a range of strategic business partners.
Community members Dearin & Associates had a number of agricultural and mining projects to promote, Sumo Group showcased their fund management and property investing capabilities and specialist legal advisors Alex Kaufman and Robin Yang discussed migration and business structuring with those that visited the ABF Australian Pavilion.
LJM Productions showcased their range of cross-cultural films for which they were seeking funding, while other delegates were from a range of industries including health and nutrition, cosmetics and education.
We also participated in a business matching session with local companies via the Fujian Chamber of Commerce.
At this month’s Expat Advisors Community discussion group, hear from some of the NSW delegates about their experiences from preparing for the mission to participating in a range of business forums and networking events, potential opportunities and how they will use the learnings to position their businesses for Aus-China opportunities.
- Date: Monday 19th September, 2016
- Time: 5 pm for 5.15 pm start, followed by networking drinks until 7.30 pm
- Venue: SME Village, Level 3, 50 York St, Sydney
- Format: Open discussion from a range of delegates and exhibitors from the mission. Please also come prepared to introduce yourself and bring plenty of business cards.
About Australian Business Forum
Australian Business Forum (ABF) facilitates Australian business looking to engage with China. Initiatives focus on the Small and Medium Enterprise sector and connecting with Chinese business community through a network of partners across business, government, industry and academia.