At the end of 2013 Chinese President Xi Jinping announced one of China’s most ambitious foreign policy and economic initiatives, the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-century Maritime Silk Road. It consists of:
- The land-based “Belt” – the historic overland Silk Road trading routes that connected China, via Central Asia, to Europe and the Middle East
- The oceangoing “Road” – the maritime equivalents to the south, linking China, Southeast Asia, India, Africa and potentially Australia after Chinese President Xi Jinping called in April last year for the alignment of One Belt, One Road with Australia’s northern development plan.
Continue reading What is China’s One Belt One Road initiative and why is it important for Australia?
Do you go to lots of events? Hear great ideas but then can’t remember or don’t put into action?
These days it is not uncommon to see audience members on their devices during a speech. We used to think that was rude, but I love the anecdote of the speaker that called out an audience member who was actually tweeting how amazing the speaker was!
So how can you make sure you get value out of all this great content to benefit your business? Continue reading How to capture your insights: tips for event goers
This China Strategy – NSW International Engagement Strategy was published in September 2014, prior to the signing of the China-Australia Fee Trade Agreement (ChAFTA).
Under the new Strategy, published just prior to the new Premier Mike Bairds first overseas trip, it says the NSW Government will focus its efforts on the relationship with China through a number of priority actions.
It sets out 8 key areas for growing NSW’s relationship with China. including promoting Sydney as a leading financial services centre and Renminbi trading hub.
This includes promoting our financial services capabilities including wealth management to China, and establishing connections between the financial services sector in Sydney and Shanghai.
- Build on longstanding relationships and grow our partnerships with China
- Attract Chinese investment, particularly in NSW infrastructure projects
- Double the value of Chinese tourism to NSW by 2020
- Maximise benefits from an Australia-China Free Trade Agreement
- Promote Sydney as a leading financial services centre and Renminbi trading hub
- Strengthen the position of NSW agriculture and resources in China
- Maintain our leading market share in education, and
- Grow export of NSW innovation.
This strategy for engaging with China is a working document providing practical direction for the NSW Government across our trade, investment, resources, education, tourism, agriculture, cultural and infrastructure agencies.
The report can be downloaded here.
Financial Strategies for Australian Expatriates
This white paper has been prepared in conjunction with specialist tax advisers for internationally mobile executives.
The objective is to provide a broad understanding of the impact of different jurisdictions on personal wealth including the family home, investment and retirement funds.
With increased savings ability and smart strategies, expats who have access to the right advice will be able to make the most financially of their offshore assignments.
Click here to download