Financial Strategies for Australian Expatriates
This white paper has been prepared in conjunction with specialist tax advisers for internationally mobile executives.
The objective is to provide a broad understanding of the impact of different jurisdictions on personal wealth including the family home, investment and retirement funds.
With increased savings ability and smart strategies, expats who have access to the right advice will be able to make the most financially of their offshore assignments.
Click here to download
There are many expatriates living in Macau, not just from Australia but other jurisdictions including Germany, the US, New Zealand and South Africa.
Many of the major issues facing expatriates and their families are already well known, however this seminar will provide some practical tips and strategies for anyone looking to make the most of their offshore assignment and for planning return. Continue reading Expat Seminar in Macau: Property trends and planning for return – 4.30 pm Wednesday 20th January, 2016
I recently attended a session at the invitation of Ben Weeding, a property buyers agent specialising in assisting expats build investment property portfolios in Australia. You can view the presentation here.
Some of the key points included:
- House prices – up in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, but declined in Darwin and Perth
- Unit prices – up in Sydney and Adelaide, but oversupply in Melbourne
- Mining downturn – with a 76% drop in the iron ore price
- Low interest rates – record low of 2% has stimulated the economy to encourage buyers
- Low savings rates – lowest since 2008
- Increasing construction– in most states except Sydney
- The APRA impact – has resulted in requirements for higher deposits and buffers for investment loans
- Impact of China – our biggest trading partner, rising middle class and interest in prestige homes
- Search for yield – APRA impact
- Jobs growth – where will it come from ?
For more information contact Expat Advisors Community member Ben Weeding.
China Global Mobility report provides detailed research on employee relocation into, out of and within China by both China and non-China based companies.
China has gone from a low-cost producer of goods to an equal player in technology, strategy and development in the last decade. The rise of China as a partner in the global economy has created new opportunities for multinational companies and the internal population. Continue reading Eyes on China – future of Global Mobility in China
If you are an expat, employer or advisor to expats, please complete our survey to share your insights here.
Personal wealth management is a relatively new industry across the globe. As with many professions, knowledge and qualifications are country specific. Many executives transferred overseas are not sure if they should be making any changes to their personal financial arrangements. Continue reading Complete our Survey – insights on challenges facing globally mobile executives