At the end of 2013 Chinese President Xi Jinping announced one of China’s most ambitious foreign policy and economic initiatives, the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-century Maritime Silk Road. It consists of:
- The land-based “Belt” – the historic overland Silk Road trading routes that connected China, via Central Asia, to Europe and the Middle East
- The oceangoing “Road” – the maritime equivalents to the south, linking China, Southeast Asia, India, Africa and potentially Australia after Chinese President Xi Jinping called in April last year for the alignment of One Belt, One Road with Australia’s northern development plan.
Continue reading What is China’s One Belt One Road initiative and why is it important for Australia?
In this television interview, David Chin of market intelligence firm BasisPoint shares his insights on the impact of recent clampdown on Chinese capital controls on the Australian property market.
Continue reading Chinese investment in Australia – David Chin from BasisPoint talks to ABC’s The Business
Interview with John Grealy, Sales Manager Doltone House
This iconic conference and meeting venue on the waterfront at Pyrmont and in the Sydney CBD has been extending their offering to the Chinese business incentive market.
In this 20 minute podcast, find out why Aus-China organisations such as BasisPoint, Australia China Business Council, AccessCN and our own Melbourne Cup event are taking advantage of their tailored proposition to the Chinese market.
A veteran in sales, John also shares his tips on using social media and conversation triggers for building a successful business.
To listen to the interview with John on the SME Radio website here>> or download on ITunes: SME Radio ACBC
You can also download the Doltone House brochure in Chinese here.
Why Farms and Finance
Helping his Australian friends in the food sector, Adam Gregory Goern founder of Farms and Finance, saw first-hand how difficult it can be for most Australian farmers, food producers and SME agribusiness owners to access the China market. Hence the creation of the Farms and Finance platform for business introduction through storytelling.
Attending events and conferences can build valuable connections, however, Farms and Finance provides the opportunity for introductions and to have conversations all year round. This enables potential farmers and potential investors to getting to know each other, ensuring values and objectives are aligned, before even thinking about getting on a plane! Continue reading Connecting Australian farmers and Chinese investors
Chinese integration and investment in Australia is the focus of the next BasisPoint Significant Investor Visa (SIV) event. It provides a leadership platform for the Chinese-Australian sector to discuss Chinese investments and integration in Australia.
Guest speakers will share insights on:
- The impact of recent Chinese SIV, high-net-worth and business migrants on investment and consumption in Australia
- How future generations of Chinese-Australians will evolve and participate in Australian society
- Assimilation within Australia as Australia engages further with Asia
- Lessons for recent Chinese migrants from European migrant success stories.
Date: Wednesday 3 May 2107
Time: 12 pm to 2.45 pm including networking time
Venue: Doltone House, 161 Elizabeth St, Hyde Park, Sydney
RSVP: BasisPoint here
Cost: $180 per head (discount code “vipstacey8”)
For sponsor tables contact me on 0413 127 677 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details.