Follow these simple tips to make sure you are making the most of any business event.
- Have strategy – are you fostering current business relationships or making new connections? Get the attendee list prior if you can
- Self introduction – why you do what you do, and how you help your clients
- Ask open questions – start with “What … ?
- Business cards – bring plenty of cards. You can also exchange details on WeChat
- Follow-up – connect on Linked In, arrange a coffee meeting, introduce others in your network.
For more tips download this handy flyer or check out the Networking and Connecting blog.
“Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.” – Dale Carnegie
The Melbourne Cup is just around the corner and is a great opportunity for networking. I love this article by Julia Palmer, Networking Strategist who recommends you have a networking strategy for attending any event. Continue reading How to be First Past the Post in Networking
Personal Brand is what people say about you when you’re not there. Who you are and what you stand for.
Every interaction, from email, to voice-mail, having a coffee, or running into a lift, the impression you create can strengthen and reinforce your brand, or potentially weaken or dilute your brand. Continue reading There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about – Oscar Wild
It is said that it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert in your technical area of competence. Networking is another skill that takes practice, so whilst it can be a bit daunting, networking can actually be fun.
Continue reading Networking – building friendships through conversations of mutual interest
The choice of moderator is critical to the success of any conference panel. Their primary purpose is to ask the panelists probing questions, focusing on providing useful information, exploring different opinions and uncovering valuable insights for the audience.
Continue reading Running a successful panel takes good preparation