The NSW Department of Industry earlier this year held the second roadshow to in China and Malaysia promoting the business, investment and lifestyle benefits offered by NSW. The next leg is to Vietnam in June, before completing the roadshow in Hong Kong.
The objective is to increase awareness of the state’s welcoming business environment to Asian key migration industry stakeholders and business, entrepreneur and investor migrants, and present on the NSW business and investor migration program including the Significant Investor Visa (SIV).
The NSW Department of Industry will be hosting events on the following dates:
- Ho Chi Minh City – Friday 9 June 2017
- Hanoi – Tuesday 13 June 2017
- Hong Kong – Thursday 15 June 2017
To augment the Vietnam program, NSW Australia Vietnam Business Council (AVBC) and Vietnam Sydney Business Association (VSBA) are running a conference and trade expo focused on business matching, bilateral trade and investment opportunities.
Conference on Australia-Vietnam Investment & Trade Expo
The conference, expo and a range of private events will be held over the weekend between the NSW Trade events on Friday in Ho Chi Minh and Tuesday in Hanoi. There are currently around 20 businesses exhibiting including migration, financial services, real estate, education, agriculture and other products and services.
There are still expo booths available. and information on the sponsorship packages can be downloaded at: AVBC Roadshow.
Media Partner is AV Media providing promotion ahead of and throughout the event.
Ho Chi Minh City
Accommodation: Liberty Central City Point, 59 Pasteur, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1 Ho Chi Minh Vietnam
Friday 9th June
- 3.00 pm to 6.00 pm: NSW Department of Industry event – venue tba
- 7.00 pm: Welcome Dinner at Ly Club Saigon for AVBC delegates (excludes drinks)
Saturday 10th June
7.00 am – check-out and transfer to Conference at Rex Hotel, Nguyen Hue St, Ben Nghe, I District, Ho Chi Minh
- 8.00 am to 10.00 am: AVBC Program – product and services displays and short presentations by AVBC and sponsors
- 10.00 am to 12.00 pm: NSW Government Program – seminar with NSW Trade, Apex Migration, Fund Managers and Education
- 12.30 pm: Lunch for delegation at local restaurant
1.30 pm: transfer to Saigon (HCM) airport for flight to Hanoi for 3.30 pm flight to Hanoi arriving 5.40 pm
Accommodation: Pan Pacific Hotel, 1 Thanh Nien Road Ba Dinh District 10000 Hanoi
- 7.30 pm: Dinner at Pan Pacific Hotel, Hanoi
Sunday 11th June
9 am: transfer from Pan Pacific Hotel to Prime Ministers Office
- 10.00 am to 11.00 am: visit Vietnam’s Prime Minister Office with Australia Ambassador (VIP delegation package)
11 am: transfer to National Convention Centre
- 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm: AVBC Show – Australia Vietnam Investment and Trade Expo
Companies of various industries from fields of investment, real estate, education, farming, technology, etc., coming from Australia and Vietnam, will have stands, to show their products/services (marketing materials, business cards available to exchange)
Vietnam: Projects calling for foreign investment from both cities HoChiMinh and Hanoi are presented on stands.
Australia: Investment opportunities in NSW are available – products, technology, know-how and service are shown to the visitors.
- 2.30 pm to 3.00 pm: Meeting Mr Hung – Vietnamese Olympic Rowing team travelling to Australia in Sept 2017
- 5.00 pm to 7.00 pm: NSW Government Program – seminar with NSW Trade, Apex Migration, Fund Managers and Education
- 7.00 pm to 8.30 pm: Dinner with Prime Minister of Vietnam (VIP Delegates – includes speeches from Diamond, Platinum, Gold and Silver sponsors
8.45 pm: Transfer from Convention back to Pan Pacific Hotel
Monday 12th June
9.30 am – depart for morning meetings
- 10.00 am to 11.00 am: Meeting Minister for Science & Technology
- 11.30 am: Lunch at local restaurant
- Handicraft Village Association and Vietnam Industrial Park
1.50 pm: transfer to airport for those delegates departing
- 5.00 pm to 7.00 pm: Networking Event hosted by VSBA at Villa Convention Centre
Tuesday 13th June
- 3.00 to 6.00 pm: NSW Department of Industry event – venue tba
Costs for AVBC’s Mission
Delegate and Sponsor packages for the mission are summarised as follows:
- Australian delegate – including flights ex-Sydney and accommodation 1 night in HCM & 2 nights Hanoi – $3,000
- Local delegate (excludes flights and accommodation) – $1,000
Accommodation in Ho Chi Minh is $160 pn and Hanoi $120 pn
- Silver to Diamond range from $18,000 to $40,000 depending on size & location of prominent expo booth, including speaking spot at VIP dinner, translator, marketing and media and AVBC membership
- Standard and premium are $3,000 and $8,500 for expo stand and some marketing and media. Both packages include accommodation.
For more information about the Vietnam trade delegation and expo and participation as a Delegate or Sponsor contact us here.
Stacey Martin is the founder of Expat Advisors Community, a network for professionals with internationally connected clients. With a background in financial services, today Stacey consults in investor migration managing relationships between Asia, in particular, China, Vietnam and India and Australia and New Zealand. For more information contact Stacey here.