How can Australian business be a part of the growing tourism trend? Stacey chats to Simon Henry of Uwai about the growing trend of tourism, and how the Uwai platform supports Australian tourism businesses to tap into the China market.
Simon has lived in Asia for over 22 years, starting at 15 as an exchange student in Thailand, then moving back to Australia and working in the family manufacturing business, before he worked in the Real Estate industry for 5 years and then running a media agency out of Macau before founding Juwai a property portal (allowing people to purchase property in China) for a number of years before exiting and starting Uwai.
Uwai a tourism platform that supports businesses in the tourism sector to tap into the Chinese market with a range of services.
In this week’s episode you will learn about:
- Why educating the Chinese consumer is important
- What the benefits of the tourism industry are
- Tourism goes beyond someone going to another country for a visit
- How Australian businesses can be part of this growing trend of tourism
- How the Uwai platform works
- How do we make it easier for business to connect with tourists
- Marketing tips for connecting with Asian tourists
- Why you should focus on the tourist rather than the country
Simon’s top 3 tips:
- Be tourist ready
- Be in the right language
- Be a great business locally
Learn more about Simon Henry, Founder of Uwai:
Having co-founded the property platform Juwai.com, the first trusted Chinese brand ever created by westerners in China, Simon Henry has turned to the burgeoning tourism market.
They have recently launched UWAI, a tourism platform helping SMEs reach, engage and connect with Chinese tourists at home and in market. Find out how by simply registering with the platform, great tourism businesses here can reach this lucrative market.