Is your product ready for the Chinese market? Stacey chats to David Thorn, Founder and Director, Darway Pty Ltd, about why premium products are on high demand in China, and how he helps Australian Agribusinesses get ready to jump into the Chinese market.
Having spent most of his career in global banking and finance, David Thorn now consults to the Food and Agribusiness Sector.
Working with his extensive network of investors and market players, David helps clients to grow their businesses through trade and investment, particularly with the increasing demand for premium food from the growing middle-class in China.
In this episode you’ll learn about:
- How David facilitates Chinese investment into the Australian agriculture sector
- Why premium products are on high demand in China
- China’s interest in seafood, plant protein & healthy products
- Patient capital & access to consumers?
- Why having the right international business partner is important
- Mitigating weather risk? Why
- The trade war between China and the US
- Rules & regulations – why they are necessary when trading
- The meaning behind having a Chinese name when dealing in the Chinese market
- China’s demand of Australian dairy products
- Australia being the “gourmet deli” for Asia
- How David helps Australian Agribusinesses be ready to jump into the Chinese market
David’s top 3 tips:
- You must have a compelling offer and one that can differentiate (and protect) itself in the market
- Ensure you have the capital and patience required to succeed
- Ensure you have the right partners internationally
Learn more about David Thorn at: