Why is business networking valuable? Stacey chats to Peter May, Founding Executive Officer of CBD Sydney Chamber of Commerce about opportunities for businesses to serve overseas clients and some of the challenges clients may be facing.
Peter May is founding Executive Officer at the CBD Sydney Chamber of Commerce Peter May is founding Executive Officer at the CBD Sydney Chamber of Commerce, which supports SMEs and corporates within the largest geographically co-located group of businesses in Australia.
Formerly managing director and senior executive of global communications giants Grey Group and RAPP agency businesses across Sydney and Melbourne, Peter worked with major brands across banking and finance, FMCG, health, tertiary education, membership organisations, Not-For-Profits as well as retail State and Federal Government.
Today, in addition to his passion in running the Sydney CBD Chamber, Peter’s professional services consultancy provides strategic advice and integrated communications for SMEs. He is also a lecturer at the University of Technology Sydney School of Communications.
Peter has 30 years advertising experience. Being creative and competitive was addictive to Peter.
In this week’s episode you will learn about:
- The challenges that small businesses face day to day
- On-line presence
- Why small business is looking at overseas to trade
- Business Chambers and why Peter set up the CBD Sydney Chamber of Commerce
- Why you should attend networking events
- How you can build working relationships
- Export opportunities
- Upcoming Chamber Events
Peter’s top 3 tips:
- Connections – through NSW business community and local government, City of Sydney
- Take time out to attend the right business event
- Global connections through the chamber events
Learn more about Peter May CEO of CBD Sydney Chamber of Commerce: