Expat Advisors Community is leading this year official delegation for the Hong Kong Trade and Development Corporation (HKTDC) to the 2017 Asian Financial Forum. For the last seven years led by David Thomas, Think Global, the new program format will include a visit to Shanghai, the financial capital of China, following on from the Austrade Australia Week in China (AWIC) financial services dialogue in April 2016.
Why Asia Now
Many firms in Asia are looking to enter the Australian financial services market, seeking to understand our highly regulated environment, and partner or joint venture with Australian businesses.
With insights and connections from the AWIC Financial Services dialogue and ongoing discussions with Austrade in Shanghai, the five day program has been designed for Australian fund managers, Fintec, migration and professional services who are interested in exploring business opportunities in the region.
Welcome Cocktail Event – Sunday evening 15th January
Join local industry and VIP guests in a relaxed environment to get to know fellow delegates and prepare for the week’s activities.
Asian Financial Forum – Monday 16th & Tuesday 17th “Asia: driving change, innovation and connectivity”
During this two-day global business forum, held at the Hong Kong Exhibition Center, delegates will hear from high calibre speakers including industry leaders, government and regulators on the evolution and opportunities in the region.
Day one includes speakers from the International Monetary Fund, S & P Global Ratings, Japan’s Government Pension Investment Fund, Minister of Economic Affairs and Finance, Iran, China-ASEAN Investment Cooperation Fund and China UnionPay.
Day two sees topical and sector specific workshops such as:
- Payment technology and cyber security
- Health Insurance and Technology
- Insurance and Actuarial Regulatory Developments
- Infrastructure Financing
- Private Investment and Wealth Management
- ASEAN and Middle East investment outlook
- China-India economic partnership and integration
Business Networking Opportunities
- Australian Financial Services stand – premium position to connect with conference delegates from Hong Kong, mainland China and around the world who have an interest in Australia.
- Will include displays for delegate profile booklet and delegates marketing materials.
- AFF Deal Flow – submit your project or areas of interest for one-on-one facilitated business matching with potential investors and services professionals
- Priority sectors for projects and deals are Food & Agriculture, Fintech, Manufacturing and Clean Technology and Digital Technology
- Sector-specific networking to facilitate opportunities and exchange market intelligence.
- Financial Advisory Services Zone – consult with Hong Kong experts and professionals, including representatives from HKEx, investment and commercial banks, accounting and legal firms
- Cocktail Reception – networking event to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Asian Financial Forum.
- Delegate App – to start connecting with forum attendees and arranging meetings.
You can view the official AFF website at www.asianfinancialforum.com
Hong Kong – local industry Forum – Wednesday 18th
- Sessions with local industry experts on Asia funds management, mutual recognition, fintec, wealth services and the regulatory landscape
- Site visits to Hong Kong Stock Exchange andthe Cyberport innovation hub
- Evening at Hong Kong races with AustCham Charity for delegates and partners.
Organised in conjunction with Hong Kong Investment Funds Association, AustCham Hong Kong and Invest Hong Kong “Start-Me-Up” program.
Shanghai – local industry forum – Thursday afternoon 19th and Friday 20th
- Accommodation arranged for delegates and their partners at the historic Fairmont Peace Hotel on the Bund
- Forum on the fund management industry in China, regulatory landscape and free trade zones, plus business matching with local fund managers
- Site visits to Free Trade Zone and Austrade’s Shanghai Landing Pad
- AustCham Shanghai cocktail function at Glam “M on the Bund.”
Organised in conjunction with the Australian Chamber of Commerce, Shanghai and the Australian Trade Commission (Austrade).
Bring the family
Your partner and children can join you in Asia and enjoy the vibrancy and sightseeing in Hong Kong such as The Peak, Stanley markets, the Big Budha, and Ocean Park Aberdeen. Enjoy shopping, high tea at the Fairmont Peace Hotel or a trip to the new Disneyland Shanghai.
Delegate Fee is $3,500 (plus GST) and $3,000 (plus GST) for additional delegates from the same company. Payment of the initial deposit of $1,200 (plus GST) will commence the Delegate Preparation process, with the balance due by 15th December 2016. Registrations after 15th December are $4,000 (plus GST). Note the Delegate Fee does not cover flights and accommodation.
Complete the Registration Form to secure your place for the 2017 Australian Financial Services and Business Delegation.
Upon payment of the deposit, delegates will receive a personal consultation with Stacey Martin, delegation leader to discuss your business, Asia objectives and networking strategies.
For more information, you can contact Stacey Martin on 0413 127 677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Expat Advisors Community is a network for professionals with internationally connected clients. Founder Stacey Martin has a background in financial services and wealth management and brings together those looking for strategic partnerships in the Aus-China space.