Expat Advisors Community is leading this year official delegation for the Hong Kong Trade and Development Corporation (HKTDC) to the 2017 Asian Financial Forum taking the baton from David Thomas, Think Global, delegation leader for the last seven years.
Why Asia Now
Many firms in Asia are looking to enter the Australian financial services market, seeking to understand our highly regulated environment, and partner or joint venture with Australian businesses.
The 2017 delegate program has been designed to educate, inspire and provide business matching opportunities with local industry participants and investors.
Delegates including fund managers, property, legal, accounting, advisory and those seeking funding and partnership opportunities from Chinese investors, will be able to showcase their services with through a range of formal and informal business matching and networking opportunities.
Delegation Program Overview
Welcome Cocktail Event – Sunday evening 15th January
Join local industry and VIP guests in a relaxed environment to get to know fellow delegates and prepare for the week’s activities.
Asian Financial Forum – Monday 16th & Tuesday 17th “Asia: driving change, innovation and connectivity”
During this two-day global business forum, held at the Hong Kong Exhibition Center, delegates will hear from high calibre speakers including industry leaders, government and regulators on the evolution and opportunities in the region.
Day one includes speakers from the International Monetary Fund, S & P Global Ratings, Japan’s Government Pension Investment Fund, Minister of Economic Affairs and Finance, Iran, China-ASEAN Investment Cooperation Fund and China UnionPay.
Day two sees topical and sector specific workshops such as:
- Payment technology and cyber security
- Health Insurance and Technology
- Insurance and Actuarial Regulatory Developments
- Infrastructure Financing
- Private Investment and Wealth Management
- ASEAN and Middle East investment outlook
- China-India economic partnership and integration
Business Matching and Networking Opportunities
- AFF Deal Flow – submit your project or areas of interest for one-on-one facilitated business matching with potential investors and services professionals
- Priority sectors for projects and deals are Food & Agriculture, Fintech, Manufacturing and Clean Technology and Digital Technology
- Sector-specific networking to facilitate opportunities and exchange market intelligence.
- AFF App – to start connecting with forum attendees and arranging meetings
- Mission business matching – partner arrangement to facilitate your project with potential investors
- Financial Advisory Services Zone – consult with Hong Kong experts and professionals, including representatives from HKEx, investment and commercial banks, accounting and legal firms
- Cocktail Reception – networking event to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Asian Financial Forum.
You can view the official AFF website here.
Tailored business matching and workshops for mission delegates – Wednesday 18th & Thursday 19th January
- Wednesday morning – meet local industry participants including financial advisors, accountants, lawyers and other connections with interest in Australian business opportunities
- Wednesday 3 -5 pm – briefing with the Hong Kong Investment Funds Association on funds management in Asia funds including passporting and mutual recognition
- Thursday morning – delegates showcase their capabilities to local industry and investors across a range of sectors including Australian property projects
- Thursday afternoon – visit to Cyberport for latest insights on fintec and financial services disruption.
International Finance Week
International Financial Week (IFW) is a series of high-level events, anchored by the AFF, to maximise opportunities for networking and intelligence gathering. Other programs of interest during IFW include:
- 2017 Family Office Solutions Showcase – 18th & 19th January
For those interested in the evolution of the Family Office, delegates are able to participate in this two-day conference exploring the latest trends and exchanging insightful ideas. which will include: Tycoons in Asia and the prospects for Family Offices, the role of Hong Kong, latest co-investment trends, succession planning and best practices round-table discussions.
Topics include Tycoons in Asia and the prospects for Family Offices, the role of Hong Kong, latest co-investment trends, succession planning and best practices round-table discussions. There will also be a showcase of solutions for family offices including Corporate Finance, Family Governance, Direct Investment, Private Equity and Real Estate.
By special arrangement, delegates will be able to meet with conference speakers one-on-one to discuss their business interests.
- StartMeUp Hong Kong Festival – 16th to 20th January
Delving into the future of entrepreneurship and disruptive innovation, the StartMeUp Hong Kong festival will feature keynotes, interactive how-to-sessions, hackathons, powerful lessons from seasoned founders and investors plus much more. Sessions of interest to delegates include:
- Venture Forum – Tuesday 5-8pm to be inspired by innovative ideas and business models
- Healthtec Asia – Friday 9-6 pm for the digital start-up of our generation
- Private Briefing – Friday morning for delegates at the InvestHK office with Rob Findlay from Next Money.
See more on the StartMeUp Festival here.
Networking and Social Events for our Australian delegation
- Tuesday evening – Austcham Hong Kong & NZ Chamber, Mix at Six networking event
- Wednesday evening – box at the Hong Kong races at Sha Tin with AustCham charity The Hub children and youth centre.
- Thursday evening – private Junk cruise for delegates hosted by The Hong Kong Trust Company
- Friday lunch – celebrate Australia Day at the Shangri-La with Auscham Hong Kong keynote event, followed by networking drinks
Bring the family
Your partner and children can join you in Hong Kong and enjoy the vibrancy and sightseeing such as The Peak, Stanley markets, the Big Budha, and Ocean Park Aberdeen.
Delegate Fee is $3,500 (plus GST) and $3,000 (plus GST) for additional delegates from the same company. Payment of the initial deposit of $1,200 (plus GST) will commence the Delegate Preparation process, with the balance due by 15th December 2016. Registrations after 15th December are $4,000 (plus GST). Note the Delegate Fee does not cover flights and accommodation.
Complete the on-line Registration process to secure your place for the 2017 Australian Financial Services and Business Delegation.
Upon payment of the deposit, delegates will receive a personal consultation with Stacey Martin, delegation leader to discuss your business and objectives for the mission.
This includes capability flyer for the Delegation Booklet, LinkedIn profile review, and making relevant introductions where appropriate in Hong Kong.
For more information, you can contact Stacey Martin on 0413 127 677 or email email@example.com
Expat Advisors Community is a network for professionals with internationally connected clients. Founder Stacey Martin has a background in financial services and wealth management and brings together those looking for strategic partnerships in the Aus-China space.