For those looking to do business in Asia, the China International Fair for Investment and Trade (CIFIT) held annually in Xiamen, is an ideal event to experience the vibrancy of this rapidly evolving marketplace and make relevant connections to accelerate your business plans in the Asian Century.
This is the fifth year the Australian Business Forum (ABF) Australia China Business Week (ACBW) series is travelling to China. I was fortunate to be part of the 2014 mission with Think Global and event sponsor NAB, travelling to the entrepreneurial city of Guangzhou and the financial capital of China, Shanghai.
What is CIFIT?
This year the mission returns to the coastal city of Xiamen in Fujian province, where current Chinese president Xi Jinping then deputy major set up the trade fair twenty years ago.
Now the largest business expo in the world, the China International Fair for Investment and Trade (CIFIT) is held over 3 days from 8 to 11 September 2016 and attracts around 100,000 visitors from 105 countries.
Australian products and services are highly sought after in China. In 2015, there was a lot of interests from visitors from the various Chinese provinces in the ABF Australian pavilion.
With an even bigger presence this year, ABF is seeking interest from premium Australian brands, service providers and those looking to attract Chinese investors with a range of projects.
A key benefit is the opportunity to find your next investor or business parter through targeted business matching amongst the sea of attendees and broader connections.
Why attend as part of a delegation?
Most business people have attended industry conferences and events with varying experiences in terms of learning outcomes, building relevant connections and progressing business objectives. From my first experience being part of a delegation to the Asian Financial Forum in January 2013, I found being part of a delegation provided a much richer experience including:
- the comradery of like-minded business people with common objectives, many of whom have since become trusted partner
- not just a conference ticket but expert facilitation to navigate, leverage connections and obtain direct access to key influencers
- advice on how to position your offering and access to professional marketing support and collaboration with other delegates promoting brand Australia to make the most of the opportunities.
How to participate
- Exhibition booth and marketing package – $5,500* includes two people, plus $750* for additional delegates
- Display stand – $3,250* for one delegate
- Delegate with marketing support – $2,850*
- Delegate only – $2,250*
*prices plus GST
Note that certain business may be eligible for the government export market development grant ( EMDG). Designed as an incentive to encourage Australian exporters to develop overseas markets for their goods and services the EMDG provides businesses with cash rebates for overseas marketing expenditure.
Up to 50% of eligible expenses may be subject to the rebate including airfares, accommodation, marketing collateral and conference fees. More details here.
For more details download ACBW China Exhibitor Information and ACBW China Delegate Information. There are also additional promotional opportunities for your business to the broader market via the ABF Magazine, and other activities.
With so many participants and an array of opportunities, a key benefit is the CIFIT business matching service. Once your booking is received, your preferences on the types of connection you would like to establish can be submitted.
Travel arrangements via ABF’s partners have secured heavily discounted airfares from $810 return through China Southern and Xiamen Airlines. With accommodation at a premium, there is also a block booking for Australian delegates at nearby Hotel Nikko exhibition centre which will be the meeting place for briefings and a range of activities.
Discuss your specific needs
Contact the Australian Business Forum team to discuss you business, Asia strategy and whether the ACBW China delegation to CIFIT in Xiamen China this September is the right opportunity to take your business to the next level.
- Stephen Lovchyld, Business Development Manager – ph 03 8689 9892 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tin Li, National Sales Manager – ph 0455 500 970 or email email@example.com
- Qin Hang, Head of China Operations – ph 03 8689 9895 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stacey Martin, Director APAC – ph 0413 127 677 or email email@example.com or drop into the SME Village, 3/50 York St Sydney on Thursdays between 10 am and 12 pm for a coffee and join in the conversation in the Aus-China space.
See China for yourself
Whether you are just exploring growth opportunities in China or have already developed your business proposition, ACBW China and the ABF Business platform provides a solid framework, backed by a team of passionate professionals who are experienced in Aus-China business engagement.
Australian Business Forum (ABF) is an independent non-political organisation that facilitates Australian business looking to engage with China. ABF does this through identifying and understanding knowledge gaps and facilitating dialogue, business and partnerships.
Initiatives focus primarily on the Small and Medium enterprise sector and their issues and connection with the Chinese business community. This connection is enabled via a network of partners across business, government, industry, academia and the wider Australia and Chinese community.