Expat Advisors Community, Migration Alliance and Australia China Business Council are delighted to welcome you and your guests to the 3rd annual Melbourne Cup networking event. Just to confirm final details:
- Arrival – from 12.30 pm. The Rook is located at 56-58 York Street, between King and Market streets. There are 2 lifts to take you to the 7th floor, which features a section with an open roof so bring your sunnies! There is also a small outdoor terrace for any smokers.
- Betting – there will be a cup sweep organised by the venue hosts. If you want to place a bet via a bookmaker will need to do so prior or on-line.
- Best Dressed – for male and female will be selected by our venue hosts. For tips on how to be race wear ready check out this blog from last years guest Robin Powis of Defining Style here.
At 4.30 pm the venue will be opened to the public, however an area will be set aside for those who want to continue networking. There are still places available should you wish to extend the invitation to your business friends and colleagues by going to the link here.
Just a reminder of some networking tips to make the most of any business event
- Have strategy – are you fostering current business relationships or making new connections? Get the attendee list prior if you can – Cup Day attendee list
- Self introduction – why you do what you do, and how you help your clients
- Ask open questions – start with “What … ?
- Business cards – bring plenty of cards. You can also exchange details on WeChat
- Follow-up – connect on Linked In, arrange a coffee meeting, introduce others in your network.