Are international students good for tourism? Stacey chats to Elaine Starkey, CEO of Global Study Partners about international education and how Studylane can help international students find the right course in Australia.
Our host the fabulous Stacey Martin interviews Elaine Starkey – CEO, Global Study Partners
From teacher to media mogul to international education, Irish born Elaine is passionate about ensuring students have a great education experience.
Founder of the Studylane aggregation platform for education agents and international students, Elaine shares her experience from start-up to success and challenges in establishing partners in international markets.
In this week’s episode you will learn about:
- International education
- Education gaps in the Chinese market
- Singapore landing pad
- Why you should ask for experienced help before entering an overseas market
- Why you need local staff “on the ground”
- How international students are good for our tourism
- One stop shop
- Who can access the platform
Elaine’s top 3 tips:
- Stay true to your global vision
- Learn from your mistakes – you will make many
- Focus – learn to focus on what matters
Learn more about Elaine Starkey:
Elaine Starkey is co-founder and CEO of Studylane, a unique EdTech marketplace linking international students through their agents and channels with thousands of courses and institutions around the world.
With 20 years’ experience in media, as Founder and Publisher of the Starkey Smith Media Group, Elaine merged her publishing business into Studylane bringing the high profile Australian International Education & Training Guide (AIETG) content and contacts across private sector and government into the business.